- High cut-rate provides fine finishing, blending, polishing, paint prepping, and scuffing on a wide variety of surfaces
- 3M™ Hookit™ quick change attachment and removal system provides fast disc change-out for multi-step finishing processes
- Provides proper finish for scuffing primer, metal, and solid surfaces
- Non-woven 3D structure provides long life and consistent finishes
- Load and heat resistance allows for prolonged operation and consistent cutting action throughout the life of the disc
Our 3M 07614 Scotch-Brite™ Hookit™ Production Clean and Finish Disc is engineered to achieve the desired finish on solid surfaces, painted panels, and other materials. Non-woven, open-web runs cool and resists loading to provide a consistent level of abrasive conditioning over the life of the disc.
We manufactured Scotch-Brite™ Hookit™ Production Clean and Finish Disc using aluminum oxide abrasive, which is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
Scotch-Brite™ is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
We offer a complete line of hook-and-loop style 3M™ Hookit™ discs for work spaces where adhesive backed discs may become contaminated by dust, dirt, or flying debris. They are often used in applications where a 3M™ Stikit™ disc may be too aggressive, as Hookit discs tend to leave finer finishes than adhesive backed discs. Hookit™ sanding discs conveniently and firmly attach to a hook-and-loop backup disc pad (sold separately) on a random orbital sander, can be removed cleanly and easily, and be used again and again for the extent of the abrasive life.