- Precision-balanced steel workings and powerful air driven motors run smoothly with less vibration, ideal for high production industrial environments
- Improved durability, ergonomics and noise level maximize comfort and control for prolonged use
- Pneumatic power exceeds the capability of standard electric sanders, supplying hours of continual use
- Aluminum body and durable composite cover reduce cracked housings and downtime
Our line of 3M 28509 Elite Central-Vacuum-Ready Random Orbital Sanders are best-in-class tools designed to optimize the performance of 3M™ abrasives. Built with a powerful, precision-balanced air-driven motors and durable lightweight aluminum housing, these ergonomically designed workhorses stand up to industrial production and reduce user fatigue for hours of comfortable operation. Elite central-vacuum-ready sanders can be connected to a central vacuum system or used with an external portable vacuum such as a shop vacuum. It has a threaded attachment feature that enables easy yet secure attachment and detachment of a 1″ external threaded vacuum hose (sold separately) to effectively eliminate dust from the workpiece and surrounding space.
High Performance, Superior Ergonomics
Designed with the operator in mind, 3M™ Elite Central-Vacuum-Ready Random Orbital Sanders are loaded with ergonomic features that decrease work strain and improve productivity.
Wrist and hand support
- Extended curved wrist rest reduces stress on hand and wrist and provides additional leverage
- Recessed lever platform eliminates pinch and pressure points on the operator’s palm
- Three grip sizes enable operator preference. The grip diameter on the tool is 2-3/4″ with two additional grip sizes available (diameters of 2-1/2″ and 3″ sold separately)
- The rubber grip absorbs and reduces vibration and features 3M™ Gripping Material for a stronger grip and more control with less effort
- Durable composite cover extends to the base to absorb vibration and keeps tools in service by preventing cracked housings
Enhanced safety features
- Internal muffler protects operator hearing and will not break off
- Convenient thumb-controlled speed dial reduces inadvertent speed changes
Why Choose a Random Orbital Sander?
3M™ random orbital sanders optimize sanding and surface preparation on wood, metal, fiberglass and composite materials, and many other substrates. Also known as dual action (D/A) palm sanders, these industrial-grade tools rotate the abrasive disc and disc pad in two simultaneous overlapping oval patterns so no single abrasive particle follows the same path twice, producing a random scratch and swirl-free finish ready for paint or varnish.
For more information on 3M 28509 Elite Central-Vacuum-Ready Random Orbital Sander 150mm x 2.5mm or to view the Safety Data Sheet please visit the below link