- Cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than other conventional ceramic abrasives for increased productivity and a consistent repair finish
- Runs cooler and requires less pressure than other conventional ceramic abrasives
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology results in a more uniform finish, less rework, less refining of deep scratches
- Flexible flap construction allows for grinding and blending in one
- Low-pressure grinding, small weld removal, finishing and surface prep with just one disc
- Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
- Grains are electrostatically oriented on abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
- PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
Our 3M 33478 Cubitron™ II Flap Discs is engineered for a faster cut, longer disc life and a more uniform finish vs. conventional ceramic abrasives. Flexible flaps feature our Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology – super-sharp triangular grains, electrostatically oriented on a flexible backing for an extremely fast, even cut. Overlapping flaps provide cushion for grinding and blending with one disc.
Tough Grinding and Finer Finish Combined
Durable Y-weight polyester backing on the 3M Cubitron II Flap Discs delivers controlled, even wear for low to medium-high pressure applications. Fibre-reinforced flaps radiate from a central hub and allow for maximum material loading onto the cutting surface. As the overlapping layers of the flaps wear away, they continuously expose fresh ceramic abrasive for a fast, consistent cut. The cushioning of the flaps combined with our super-sharp PSG abrasive grinds effectively yet creates a smooth finish. Under normal conditions, our flap discs grind and blend in one step to provide a finish that’s one grade finer than the finish of a conventional fibre disc of the same grade.
For more information on 3M 33478 Cubitron II Flap Disc T27, 100 mm x 16 mm, 80+ grade or to view the Safety Data Sheet please visit the below link