- Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology employs microreplication for extremely uniform abrasive
- Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
- Grains are electrostatically oriented on abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
- PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond lend this disc long life and tear-resistance
- Significantly longer lasting, complete more parts per disc and requires fewer disc changes
3M 33431 Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Discs 786C is built for grinding, weld blending, deburring and other tough metal finishing jobs. 3M™ Precision Shaped Grain – a tough, hard, sharp ceramic abrasive – is resin-bonded to a stiff fiber backing. This disc lasts significantly longer than conventional ceramic grain discs, delivering a lower cost per grind with fewer disc changes.
Speed, Long Life, and Ease of Use
Engineered for faster cutting, sustained performance, durability and increased throughput, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Roloc™ Fibre Discs 786C is a game changer, featuring our Precision-Shaped Grain technology.
About 3M™ Cubitron™ II and Precision-Shaped Grain
3M™ Cubitron™ II abrasive discs, cutoff wheels and file belts have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. Cubitron™ abrasives feature our Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows our engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures — essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What’s more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.