What’s In the Box:
1 x Autoglym UHD Preparation 100ml
1 x Autoglym UHD Ceramic Coating 100ml
1 x Autoglym UHD Ceramic Coating Applicator
1 x Autoglym Preparation Cloth
1 x Autoglym Finishing Cloth
Ultra High Definition Ceramic Coating is unsuitable for use on matt paint.
How to use:
Paintwork preparation with UHD Preparation
This stage is essential for providing the perfect surface to allow UHD Ceramic Coating to fully bond to the paintwork.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, dry and free of contaminants. Before applying UHD Preparation, it is highly recommended to wash the car thoroughly with a car shampoo and remove any fallout with a fallout remover or clay bar. For the perfect finish, light scratches and swirl marks should also be removed using a suitable polish or scratch remover at this stage.
- Thoroughly wipe down all of the paintwork with UHD Preparation to remove any existing waxes, sealants or oils still present on the surface. Apply UHD Preparation directly to the Preparation Cloth and then wipe over the paintwork systematically in straight lines, ensuring all areas intended to be coated are covered.
- Wipe away any remaining residue with a dry part of the Preparation Cloth, turning the cloth regularly to avoid saturation.
Paintwork Protection with UHD Ceramic Coating
Important: Before you begin, carefully plan your application process. Ideally you will want to work in 50cm x 50cm sections (average sized panel) at a time. The temperature and humidity are likely to affect the drying and curing time required. We recommend determining the optimum drying time on the first panel you apply the product to.
Once you apply the product it will begin to evaporate. When the product appears to have formed small beads and a film is beginning to form, this is the time to buff off the product. On warmer days this will take 1-2 minutes, on cooler days 3-5 minutes. Use this first panel as your guide for the rest of the car.
- Working in 50 x 50cm sections at a time, apply UHD Ceramic Coating in straight lines using the UHD Ceramic Coating Applicator taking care not to apply too much UHD Ceramic Coating.
- After applying to one averaged sized panel, and allowing the appropriate curing time, buff well using the red Finishing Cloth.
- Move onto the next panel, adding small amounts of product to the UHD Ceramic Coating Applicator (if required) and buff when dry.
- Once you have coated all intended areas and buffed, change the position of the car to view the paintwork in different lighting, before performing a spot check. Re-buff any missed sections with the Finishing Cloth.
- Finally, allow UHD Ceramic Coating to fully cure on your car for a minimum of 4 hours. During this period it should remain out of wet weather and environments with high dust or contamination.
- Do not wash the vehicle for 24 hours after application.
Note: If the product has been left to cure for too long it may become difficult to remove. If this happens, simply apply more product over the small area and buff immediately. Remove any excess product from plastic or glass with UHD Preparation before it dries. UHD Ceramic Coating cannot be used on any surface other than paintwork.
Do not use on matt paint.
Q: What is Autoglym UHD Coating?
A: Autoglym UHD Coating offers outstanding protection, gives a stunning glass-like finish and is incredibly durable. It contains amino-functional siloxanes and reactive polymers that adhere strongly to a car’s paintwork, creating a semi-permanent protective coating on exterior paintwork and colour co-ordinated plastics.
Q: How is Autoglym UHD Coating different from other Autoglym waxes and sealants?
A: Autoglym UHD Coating is Autoglym’s first semi-permanent coating. Consequently it requires a high level of preparation as the finish will be sealed by the coating.
Waxes like Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax and Autoglym Ultra High Definition Wax offer protection, but not on same scale or length of time as UHD Coating. They can also be removed, as can sealants (like Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection).
Q: How long does it last?
A: If all instructions and recommended guidelines are adhered to, Autoglym UHD Coating will provide approximately one year of protection. Durability of any coating can be impacted by many factors, which makes it impossible to give a scientifically definitive answer on this. For example, mileage driven, weather, climate, products used for aftercare and how well the surface was prepared prior to application.
Q: Can Autoglym UHD Coating be used on glass and plastics?
A: No, Autoglym UHD Coating has been designed specifically for paintwork and colour coordinated plastics only.
Q: How will I know when it is time to reapply?
A: When cleaned the car is cleaned and the surface holds water on the surface for more than one minute, this is a sign that UHD Coating should be reapplied.
Q: Is there any benefit to multi-layering? Will it increase protection?
A: It is possible, but there is a limited gain from doing so. It is not something we would recommend. On-going cleaning with Autoglym UHD Shampoo and periodic applications of UHD Wax would be more effective.
Q: What should I do if I get Autoglym UHD Coating on glass?
A: The included UHD Preparation product can be used to remove any UHD Coating accidentally applied to glass.
Q: What does it protect against?
A: Autoglym UHD Coating creates a tough, protective barrier for maximum resistance against the natural environment.
Q: Does it have UV inhibitors?
A: Not specifically no, but it will offer protection against UV rays as it forms an extra protective barrier between the sun’s rays and the paintwork.
Q: Which products are compatible with Autoglym UHD Coating?
A: Autoglym UHD Coating is compatible with all of Autoglym’s shampoos and wax products as well as the Autoglym Polar Series. We recommend that Autoglym UHD Shampoo is used as part of your regular on-going wash cycle and Autoglym UHD Wax can be used to boost protection and finish periodically throughout the year. Avoid using abrasive products such as polishes as well as solvent based product like Autoglym Tar & Adhesive Remover as they can reduce the longevity of coating. If you do need to use these products, apply UHD Coating to affected areas afterwards.
We would recommend avoiding hand carwashes that use strong alkali detergents (particularly pre-sprays) as these could impact the durability of UHD Coating.
Q: Is it ok to apply Autoglym UHD Coating in any weather conditions?
A: Autoglym UHD coating should be applied on mild dry weather days with an optimum temperature between 10-25⁰C.
Q: Is it ok to use other types of applicator?
A: Yes it is, however the Autoglym UHD applicator has been designed to ensure the most efficient application. UHD Coating has not been tested and approved for use with other applicators.
Q: Is it ok to apply to wet bodywork?
A: No, the paintwork needs to be clean, prepared and dry.
Q: How should I clean the UHD Applicator and Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth?
A: The UHD Applicator and Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth can be machine washed at 30 degrees with detergent only. Do not use fabric softener and ensure to keep colours separate.
Q: How long after application should I wait before washing?
A: We recommend leaving the coating for at least 24 hours after application before washing for the first time.
Q: Is the applicator the same as the Autoglym Perfect Polish Applicator?
A: Whilst they look the same they are very different. The UHD Ceramic Coating has a microfibre cloth layer to assist a smooth application. We only recommend the use of the UHD Ceramic Coating Applicator to apply UHD Ceramic Coating.